Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Is April Fools Mexican?

I went to google something yesterday afternoon (the correct answer turned out to be “mosquito dunks”) and instead of google.com I got this weird Apache/ CPanel page, and then using my “google bar” gave me an error. I of course immediately decided that this was a very unfunny April fools prank (I mean it would be the ultimate hackers’ accomplishment to take down google, even if only for 10 minutes), how could I live without having the answers to the most inane and random searches!?!?!?! When I vented to L she laughed and said no, it was just something wonky in our Cablemas service…. but weird, the page was in English. And I’m still getting it randomly, forcing me to plum the depths of my memories for alternative search engines. But, since no one pulled any pranks that I saw yesterday, or mentioned it… I’m going to conclude that Mexicans are not all about marking the 1st of April with juvenile gags.

No comments: