Friday, April 25, 2008

3 things outside my door


Last night I went to throw out the trash (I’ve found the biggest roaches I’ve seen in my bathroom two nights in a row—super gross!) before bed and in order to do that I have to go out of my door into the street and into the courtyard which I access through another locked door. As I walked out of the door, I looked up and there were heavily armed state police (like semi-automatic armed) walking up my street and two open trucks with more police (I want to call them soldiers) idling in front of my house with more parked around the corner. The police got into the backs of the trucks and slowly drove away, and when I came back from the courtyard, the street was empty. Very very odd.

This morning I was woken up to incessant honking, and not like the horn was stuck, like someone was repeatedly pushing it but since it went on for a couple hours, I think it was a broken alarm. I began to tune it out, but the worst were people walking by and imitating the sound but off beat.

And then later, once the horn was off, a man starting playing the sax just across from my open window. And then there was a rap on my door and it was his wife passing the hat.

I went to the organic market today and found new baby asparagus! And CA poppies (amapolas).

No comments: