Sunday, April 27, 2008
Done waiting for the rains
It's finally raining. We've been waiting for weeks and weeks, and then this afternoon while I was at a birthday party outside it started sprinkling as it often does... and then within 15 minutes was a full on torrent accompanied by thunder and lightening. We all ran inside the small house and piled in watching the rain come down in sheets while the lights flickered and sometimes went out. I got a ride home which was good as most of the roads by the house were under about a foot of water... we had to run (me barefoot) across the flooded patio to the car when it became clear after 2 hours that it was not abating. Now, I'm sitting in my study watching a movie with the window open and it's lovely to hear the sound of the rain (it reminds me of what I loved in both my brooklyn and boston apts... and the kind of comforting isolation that a hard rain brings) and feel the fresh air. I miss my boston apt most on nights like this... the big front porch with the couch where I could curl up with a book, glass of wine and candlelight (or perfect afternoon sun). I just hope that it doesn't become humid as the rains come more and more frequent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment