Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Archiving as procrastination

I went with the equipo de salud to a small village to observe how they offer community health care... which was both really interesting and really boring. As usual, I have a ton to write up and process, but instead, I decided to think of new ways to document and archive (meta makes me feel productive). So, for those wondering, here are the locations of the villages I've been visiting (and let me tell you, my iphoto is archived by village now).

I'm now in my second week of having my neighbors L and J gone (and actually the Germans are gone this week too so the complex is very quiet), and I go through periods of being lonely (which may have something to do with the constant company since I got here, I mean living by myself in NY I went days without seeing friends socially), but it's also been good to get a sense of self-reliance... and another anthro friend working in DF just sent me the names of people to contact he knows here.

Orient yourself by Oaxaca City as the big yellow blob

Tlacochahauya (Nuevas Luna celebration)



Jalieza



Gelavia


and Xaaga (where I was yesterday)

No comments: