This time to Mexico City for the first time (excited, nervous, intimidated) to hang out with some friends from NY and then pick up a good friend to bring back via bus. I have a bunch of stuff waiting to be written up that I obviously haven't gotten to.
All I can say is that I now have new found empathy and respect for anthropologists who live in places with non-traditionally American kinds of food, as I have learned that Menudo is just not something that I can stomach... or mutton.... or most non-American cuts of meat. I've also learned that I can skate pretty much under the radar by dumping lots of "verduras" (lime, cilantro and cabbage) on top of the menudo and only eating broth and then employing the "tortilla dip" method where in I throw lots of cabbage over whatever meat I don't want to eat and then dip my tortilla in the sauce and eat just the cabbage (taking the rest of the meat home in a plastic bag as expected, unfortunately it would be rude to throw it out).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just read some of your blog - walked by your mom's house today - walking Bailey before I went to work and thought of you. How are you? Good work on hiding the food under cabbage - that skill will serve you well everywhere you go my friend : ) Shawna
Post a Comment