Sunday, May 4, 2008
I'm glad that I wasn't making soup
So in an attempt to make life here ever more normal I bought a cookbook the other day (Oaxacan cooking in English) and perused the kitchen aisle of my local supermarket (nothing too fun) and decided to finally cook cook, as opposed to the very mediocre throwing things together I've been doing. So today I decided to make albondigas (or Mexican meatballs in a chile verde sauce) with my own variations of course (I had basil not mint and cinnamon rather than allspice and cloves) based on what I happened to have on hand. Also, it's very sad, but I have neither a comal nor cast iron pan so there was no toasting of whole spices in my plan. But it was all going fine and I put a little bit of bread into my blender to make into crumbs and moved a little too fast. The plastic part in the lid was a little bit not on right which caused it to fall into the bowl and before I could turn the machine off, it burst out of the side of the blender in a shower of breadcrumbs and clear plastic! So now I have to figure out another way to make the sauce and my dish will be that much less authentic.... luckily Soriana sells blender bowls (I bet I'm not the only one this has happened too).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment